Home Phone

Thai Retirement Visa

Thai Retirement Visa

Thai Retirement Visa

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

What is it

  • Thailand retirement visa is an extension of Non-Immigrant O or Non-Immigrant OA Visa and can also be referred to as an Extension-of-Stay
  • It allows an individual to stay in Thailand 1 year interrupted
  • You need to renew it every year under the same guidelines
  • You can request it to be a single entry or multiple entry.


  • You must be 50 years of age or older
  • Financial requirements:
    • Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the visa application
    • Have a Monthly Income of 65,000 THB
    • Combination of security deposit and income with a total of 800,000 THB


Supporting documents:

  • A recent copy of your updated bank book or passbook together with a bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an overseas source for not less than 2 months prior.
  • An income letter from your embassy verifying your monthly income Certified by your local embassy
  • …or a 12-month bank statement that shows regular deposits of 65,000 baht Documents that may be required to be presented upon request
  • Police Clearance
  • Medical Certificate
  • Health Insurance

How to Apply

  1. Apply for the Non-Immigrant OA in your home country by submitting the application and all the required documentation to the Thai embassy.
  2. Apply for a Non-Immigrant O by first applying for a 90-day non-immigrant tourist visa from the Thai embassy in your home country. You will then be required to wait 60 days before applying for your Non-Immigrant O Visa. In addition to the above documentation they will require you to show utility bills, a rental agreement, etc.) as proof of address.

How to Apply

  • The application for the Non-Immigrant OA visa may require you to show Police Clearance, a Medical Certificate and an Annual Health Insurance policy.
  • All foreigners entering Thailand need to obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) from the local application for the COE requires Alternative Sate Quarantine Hotel (ASQ) reservation for the mandatory 14-day quarantine and COVID-19 Travel Insurance.
  • You must report to the immigration office your current address every 90-days
    • If the retiree is not in the country when the report is due, the counting for the 90-days will start again after re-entry to Thailand.
  • Multiple entry permits are required to avoid cancellation of your visa if you wish to leave the country during your stay to avoid your visa from being canceled.
  • The required amount of money must be in your bank account 3 months prior to your renewal.
  • personal effects cannot be imported to Thailand duty free according to the Bureau of Customs.

Contact Us

Do you have any question? Feel free to contact us anytime.